The “Art History Teaching Discussion Group” provides an opportunity for Ph.D. candidates and postgraduates teaching courses to discuss and examine issues in art history teaching. Participants will share discipline-specific resources and strategies, at the same time, develop a support system for course instructors within the Department of Art History at the University of Toronto. The teaching discussion group will help participants harness and refine their art history teaching personas. The first hour of the discussion group is dedicated to discussions, sometimes with guest speakers, and the last half hour is an optional Q&A.
For inquiries and the Zoom meeting information, please contact Samantha Chang.
Fridays @ 2 PM ET
- September 25, 2020: AR/VR with Liron Efrat
- November 6, 2020: Open Educational Resources with Dr. Devon Smither and Dr. Alena Buis
- December 11, 2020: Technical Art History with Dr. Erin Webster and Dr. Alen Hadzovic
- January 29, 2021: Prioritizing Accessibility in Art History Teaching with Samantha Chang
- February 26, 2021: Promoting Inclusivity in Art History Teaching with Brittany Myburgh
- March 26, 2021: Integrating Primary Sources in Translation in Art History Teaching with Dr. Elizabeth R. Mattison
- April 30, 2021: Using Podcasts and Social Media, resources provided by Dr. Betsy Moss and Dr. Sarah Richardson